We’re happy to annouce the Citrus Engine version 3 release! You can get it through the new download section. Together with that we are launching a new website.
What’s new in version 3:
- Moved from Box2D Alchemy to Box2D pure AS3 for better performance
- Starling support
- Nape physics engine supported with some pre-built platformer objects
- Level Manager and an abstract game data class
- Object Pooling and Entity/Component System
- Away3D support
- AwayPhysics support
- New Level Editor handlers for: Tiled Map and Cadet 3D.
- Lots of examples with assets
- A new forum on Starling’s website
- Other cool features and performance improvement
That’s a lot of new tools to play with. Away3D and AwayPhysics support will evolve deeply along with the V3. We’re hearing from the community on what we should focus on and what new features to support. Also we’re planning to add new areas into the engine like AI and multiplayer support.