It was about time to have a new update, right?
We hope there wasn’t this 3.1.5 but directly a 3.2 with all the features, but the time is going very fast this last weeks. So we decided to publish this udpate right now. Maybe it is better, people will have time to check the changelog and update their game accordingly.
In brief we have added comments in the SWC, added EazeTween as the default tweening engine, updated on DragonBones V2.0 and added lots of flags (boolean) to improve performances!
- SWCs include comments!
- Added EazeTween as the default tweening engine.
- Update on DragonBones V2.0
- No more duplicated code between States class, all use the same basis: MediatorState. Now States class are just wrapper.
- When Starling is set up it picks up fullScreen dimension if it’s running on mobile. The Context3DProfile parameter is also added.
- Added updateCallEnabled property to CitrusObject: This property prevent the update method to be called by the enter frame, it will save performances. Set it to true if you want to execute code in the update method.
- Added updateArtEnabled property to Art object. Set it to false if you want to prevent the art to be updated. Be careful its properties (x, y, …) won’t be able to change!
- Add physics flags to prevent running contact if not necessary (beginContactCallEnabled, endContactCallEnabled, etc.).
- Now physics is added to objects only when they are added to a state class. It’s called addPhysics function.
- ACitrusView.update has the delta time in argument (and so its children).
- Instead of a simple parallax property, now there are two: parallaxX and parallaxY
- SoundManager can handles more than 32 sounds.
- StarlingArt handles Texture view. It creates an Image.
- AnimationSequence can add new animations and remove them.
- Added a FluidBox into complex objects using ThresholdFilter, metaballs effect.
- Removed set velocity on Box2D and Nape dynamic objects since we already use a reference.
- Nape MovingPlatform’s default speed is 30.
- Improved Box2D Hills.
- Fixed a bug on Nape Missile’s angle.
- Prevent to add several time the same object to the state.
- Added a PolarPoint math class.
- Added an Accelerometer Input Controller.
- Added a ScreenTouch Input Controller for Starling.
We didn’t want to reinvent the wheel, so we took a look over the existant tweening engine and grab the best one!
Why using EazeTween instead of the very famous TweenMax? EazeTween has a MIT licence whereas TweenMax hasn’t. TweenMax isn’t free if you’re publishing your game on the App Store and sell it.
We have added several flags (boolean) into the engine to prevent lots of unuseful function call: for example a Coin object doesn’t need its update function to be called. On mobile it will save lots of performances! No worries, all the examples have been updated with the last engine code!
It was about time to prove that the Citrus Engine could also be used for several type of games, and even apps! Let’s take a look on Alef.