The Citrus Engine is a professional-grade, scalable ActionScript 3 game engine built for industry-quality games. It is built upon modern programming practices, allowing you to focus on making your game awesome! It comes built-in with a “platformer” starter-kit, which you can use to easily make awesome 2D or 3D sidescrolling games.
The Citrus Engine is not only made for platformer games, but for all type of games. It offers a nice way to separate logic/physics from art.
It offers many options, you may use:
- Rendering choice: Starling (Stage3D/GPU including Feathers), Away3D (Stage3D/GPU), DisplayList (CPU), Bitmap blitting (CPU)
- Physics choice: Box2D, Nape, AwayPhysics and a simple math based collision detection
- Simple way to manage object creation. For advanced developers the entity/component based system and object pooling
- LevelManager and LoadManager which may use Flash Pro as a level editor (or Tiled Map Editor, GLEED2D).
- Console, Sound management class, Keyboard and Input handler
* inside Google Chrome on Linux only